May 15, 2015

Tickets and Tats







Soooooooo today I felt like getting a tattoo, so I did....


I know, I know, a lot of people are all like "why would you want to put something permanent on your body," or "you'll regret that in 40 years!" And I get that, I really do. Why would somebody want a naked lady holding a snake around her neck or a Native American woman riding a dolphin on your thigh? No clue. But what I chose to get has been something that I have been wanting for years now. After my first summer (2010) in Riga, Latvia, I fell in love, and the next year, I decided that it would be cool to get something that would mean something to me and that place. I had a bunch of different ideas for what I wanted and where, and once I finally came up with exactly what I wanted, I was set.

I called up my friend Steph when I was leaving work, and we went down to Deep Ellum and ate dinner/had two margaritas (had to loosen myself up a tad), and headed over to Elm Street Tattoo. I ended up sitting in this cool dude Carl's chair, and explained to him what my tattoo meant to me and he thought it was pretty cool, even though I had to pull up a map and show him where Latvia was. I had no idea what to expect, all I know is I was shaking and sweating nervous, and about 2 minutes into it I started getting really light headed - I know, I'm a baby. So we took a little water/M&M break then finished it up. It's crazy how something that lasts a lifetime only takes 5 minutes...

Here's my new tattoo, it's super crazy and totally worth almost fainting, huh... But here it is! I decided to go with a Baltic/Latvian symbol for The Sign of Sun right under my hairline at the bottom of my neck. And I absolutely love it.



Speaking of Latvian symbols... Me and my friend Olivia also just BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS TO RIGA THIS SUMMER!!!!! I am so excited to be in Latvia doing Camp Hope with some of my very best and favorite friends from across the world, helping and loving on the kids that need it most. This summer will be a little bit different than my past 5 trips, considering this is my first year to actually be at Camp Hope. I am so lucky and thankful for my parents allowing me to follow my passions and love of this country and these people. Can't wait to see the amazing things that God is going to do in these kids lives this summer.


Take a look at the facebook page and please start praying with me for these kids and our staff.

Camp Hope Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment