Jun 1, 2015

J.V.

"If you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien


Listening to:
Helena Beat - Foster, the People
Ditmas - Mumford & Sons
Someone Else - Miley Cyrus
Lean On - Major Lazer & DJ Snake

Background story. Jac Vanek is a girl who I used to envy. She was a simply a girl who got out of the Orange County bubble of cheerleader bows and popularity, and got to live a life fueled by her love of music. She started out as a photographer, blogger, writer, designer, really anything she could think of to get involved in the male-dominated world of music business. She made her big break starting her own clothing company that all began with simple rubber bracelets with a word or short saying printed on it - I had two - "Trainwreck" (Demi of course) and "Stalker" (a gift from my good friend Taylor, my fellow band stalker). Basically she got into the music business and became friends with all the bands that I wished I could hang out with. As I said... envy. Anyways, she posted this the other day on her blog, and I wanted to share it.



Now I envy her for her words and her wisdom. Jac has a blog, that she doesn't update too often, but when she does she says some pretty neat things. This stuck out to me the other day. I saw her post it on her Instagram and I instantly took a screenshot. I don't write this blog to get all ooey-gooey deep thoughts blah blah bloggy on you. I really keep this thing going so that I have something to do when I'm bored or want to give my online-self/resume a personality. I don't even care if people read this - these posts are something for me to look back on and remember moments and thoughts. But I just wanted to share this passage that Jac wrote, because for me there's something about it that's so true and essential to the way we are as humans. The past is a terrifying place to be stuck in. It's full of memories, both good and bad, and when we get stuck dwelling in those memories, we just end up stuck in a place we were, unable to get to where we are supposed to be. No lie, I've been stuck. I'm guilty of creating this "distorted version of reality," holding on to that one little twisted tale that led me right back into the past. And there's nothing wrong with holding onto a good memory, but the best part of a memory is that it's just that, and there are so many more to make if we can get past the past. I love these words - "The only way to let go of this self fulfilling black hole of shit is with a burning desire to chase the good around us with brave eyes and a kind heart."

This chick is smart, and has a great taste in music. And she has really cool handwriting. So before I get all ooey-gooey on you, just check out her website and blog. There's some pretty cool clothes and goodies on there too. But really, J.V., I don't think you could have put it any better, so thank you for being so wise and cool and stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment