Jun 21, 2016

Lucky 7th Year!!!

It's that time of the year again... Hallelujah praise the Lord Olivia and I get to go back to Latvia!!!!!! Like last year, this is a blog / photo collection from our time in our favorite place, mainly for our families sake, but also for whoever cares to read about and look at all the cute precious insane nonstop kids and all the reasons we can't stop coming back. Olivia is in Iceland with her family at the moment, so I have a 20 hour travel time all to my lonesome self. Obviously I'm off to a hot start by going to DFW instead of Love Field airport - but I made it, I'm GOOD TO GO!

Every year we emphasize how lucky we are that we have been chosen to take this path in life, and that we have been called to travel to Latvia to serve and spend time loving on all these amazing kids. There really is no other explaination as to how we have had the opportunities to experience Gods love in the way that we have other than the fact that we have been called to do this. It's a part of our lives and always will be, and we are thankful for the grace of God and his generosity.

Huge shoutout to my boss for letting me take the time off to take my yearly mission trip, thank God for such an amazing work place and manager, I'm so lucky. But an even huger shoutout to our families for once again sending their love and support for us and our passion for this trip. This year, we will be helping as counsellors at Camp Hope again for teen week the first week, and kids week the second week. It's always so exciting getting to go back to Riga and reunite with all of our Latvian friends and campers, but it's even more exciting this time that we also get to reunite with our "new" Virginian friends after a whole year!! So much anticipation... so many hugs...!!!

So I'm off - we will try to post as often as we can, but it's Latvia... we never really know what we're getting into.. but luckily Olivia's flight lands in Riga from Iceland with 15 minutes of mine. Meaning the moment we step on Latvian soil, the fun begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment