Jun 9, 2015

Happy Best Friend Day.

I'm just going to assume that if you're reading this, your probably have social media, being that the only possible way of finding my blog is through some sort of social media or my website. So I'm going to go ahead and also assume that you saw that yesterday, June 8, was #NationalBestFriendDay! How cuuuute. I got the assignment of getting to research fun/bizarre holidays on the calendar, pick a few, and create some social media graphics for them that DMag could post on Instagram and Facebook. So I came across this splendid holiday of memories of pillowfights, wine stories, whine stories, and way too many inside jokes, and I came up with this cute lil graphic! - I'm kinda proud of it.

Anyways, so obviously this "holiday" is meant to give thanks and to brag about your best friend. I can honestly never say that I have never had just one best friend. I have always been lucky enough to have the problem of not being able to name just one. Since elementary school, I always felt bad just choosing one, so I just decided that I would have as many best friends that I wanted.

Yeah yeah, the whole day is such a cliche, and this post is such a cliche, but I really am endlessly thankful for the girls that I have been able to have in my life, because I can honestly say that I don't know if I would be the girl I am today. Each and every one of my best friends has had a special role in my life - the clown to make me smile, the sweetheart to always lend me her shoulder, the bitch to always have my back, the smart one to always tell me what to do, the one who is going through similar situations, the one that's just a phone call away from telling me it'll all be fine. Every single one of my best friends is that. They're all crazy, they're all funny, they're all smart, they're all compassionate, and they all care about me and about each other.

I have been lucky enough to remain very close to the girls I grew up with. If you have that, treasure those friends until the end of time. They were there through the awkward stages, the family issues, the first crush, the first detention, the braces... These girls know me like the back of my hand, and that is something to truly hold onto. With these girls I was so lucky, but I am even more grateful for the amazing women I met throughout high school, and especially my years at college. They weren't there through my awkward stages, but they definitely find the time and the pictures to make fun of me through it. They weren't there for my first crush, but they were there for my first heartbreak. We've taken road trips, vacations, adventures, sat on couches for hours on end, have way too much blackmail on each other, way too many stores to share, and way too many videos to watch without being embarrassed. My sshz (our inside thing, you wouldn't get it) are who have shaped me into who I am today.



We have definitely seen each other at our worst, but that's why you're my bests. I love you girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment